1. Collection of Your Personal Data
Information we collect directly from you
Hikinjo collects personal information when a user pre-registers with Hikinjo. This includes your name, email address and location. If the following information is not provided, we may not be able to provide services to you and may not be able to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you. Hikinjo collects personal data when you register with Hikinjo. This includes:
- your birth date and gender;
- your credit card and account details. These are processed by third party called Stripe who process our payments.
- your location and the location where you are interested in performing tasks; and
- Other information related to your occupation, work history, resume, qualifications, education, postal services, income preferences, skills, interests, and suitability for the job.
If the user wants to conduct any transactional activity on the app, it is mandatory to verify yourself. For the same purpose, the user needs to complete a 3-step verification. Users will be asked to take a selfie along with uploading an identity proof for the same purpose. Engaging in activities other than monetary transactions, such as commenting or posting, requires completion of your profiles. This involves email and phone verification through OTP. For these tasks, verification is not obligatory.
We also give you the option of providing a photo to be associated with your Hikinjo user ID. If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your Hikinjo account with those changes, so that we can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date. To enable us to improve our existing services, create new service features, and provide you and others with targeted marketing communications, Hikinjo collects information about how you use the Service, including the transactions you make on the Service, your feedback rating (including any referrals required using our "Referrals" feature), the reviews you post and the transactions you make with our valuable affiliated service providers. You can apply through our application form provided by a third party service provider. If you do so, we collect the information you make available to us through your application submission, such as your resume, links to other online profiles, and other information you choose to provide.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services:
Hikinjo may also receive and record the following information from your Internet browser and computer, including through cookies and similar technologies, when you use the Service:Hikinjo collects personal data when you register with Hikinjo. This includes:
- Computer and connection information such as pageview statistics, traffic to and from the Service, referring URLs, IP addresses, unique device IDs, browsing history, and web log information; and
- Information about your use of the Services, including the date and time you access the Service, the regions or pages you visit, how long you view or use the Service, the number of times you return to the Service, click streams or use other websites information and emails you open, click or forward
Information we obtain from other sources:
In addition to data collected from the content you submit, we also receive data from certain third parties, such as the social media sites you connect to your account (including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and any other sites you activate from time to time) as well as from identity verification service providers.We work with third-party verification service providers to perform police or vendor background checks, and receive publicly available information such as court decisions.We may also receive additional information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
What other information users can see about you:
You are not anonymous to us when you log into the Service or post content (including tasks, products, offers, comments or feedback) on the Service or any related forum.When you:
- use the Service to post a task or item to offer or make an offer, or comment on an offer or provide feedback on other users; or
- otherwise communicate in a public forum on the Services
Your user ID and all the material that you post is visible and searchable to us and other Hikinjo users. We strongly encourage you to exercise caution and discretion when posting and to give careful consideration on what to post or how you identify yourself on the Service.Hikinjo does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal data which is voluntarily posted by you in a publicly accessible area of the Services.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data:
Hikinjo may use the information we collect for the following purposes:Identification and authenticationLegal ground(s) for use: We need to make this functionality available for you to access the Service.To protect Hikinjo and the users of the ServicesLegal ground(s) for use: It is in our (and users) legitimate interests to ensure that the Services are secure.To personalize content and any advertising displayed on the Services and permit content on the Services (such as postings, marketing or third party advertisements) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevantLegal ground(s) for use: It is in our legitimate interest to provide you with content and advertisements tailored to your interests.To improve the Services and develop new service featuresLegal ground(s) for use: We need some of your personal data in order to provide the services to you; it is in our legitimate interests to provide you the best possible services.Provide, maintain, and protect the Service and verify the identity of authorized users of the ServiceLegal ground(s) for use: We need to perform this function in order to provide a safe and secure environment for our users and we have legitimate interests in protecting the integrity of the Services we offer.Providing your information to a user with whom you have or had a contract facilitated by HikinjoLegal ground(s) for use: We need to use your personal data in this way to provide the Services you request.As required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if Hikinjo reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activitiesLegal ground(s) for use: On such occasions, we are required by law to process your personal data.To ensure that Hikinjo receives payment of the fees due to itLegal ground(s) for use: We need to use your personal data in this way to fulfil a contract between you and us.Contacting you to inform you about promotions or upcoming changes or improvements to the ServiceLegal ground(s) for use: We handiest touch you for advertising and marketing functions together along with your consent; we may contact you regarding changes in the Services because it is in our legitimate interests to keep you informed about service changes that may affect you. See section below for further detail about marketing.Contact you to manage our User AgreementLegal ground(s) for use: For example, we may notify you of a breach, or action a request for a takedown notice in response to a claim of copyright infringement.To conduct researchLegal ground(s) for use: It is in our legitimate interests to improve the Services through user questionnaires and feedback requests via the Services.To expand our user base, including marketing communications to be targeted to potential usersLegal ground(s) for use: It is in our legitimate interest to inform potential users about the Services we offer.To develop our relationships with affiliate service providers and provide or arrange internal or external verification services obtained by you via the ServicesLegal ground(s) for use: It is in our legitimate interests to engage service providers and verification services.To generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis, for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, we may show advertisers or investors trends relating to the general use of the Services); andLegal ground(s) for use: It is in our legitimate interests (and the interests of our partners and affiliates) to understand how you and other users engage with the Services.Your contact information may also be used for accounting, billing and invoicing purposes, for marketing purposes, by third-party service providers for Hikinjo, and to respond to any inquiries you request.Legal ground(s) for use: It is in our legitimate interests to engage service providers to assist us in delivering the Services you request.When you contact Hikinjo, we may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and Hikinjo to help resolve any issues you might haveLegal ground(s) for use: We retain information when we are required to do so by law and because it is in our legitimate interests to protect our legal rights.If other user(s) of the Services already have your userID (or other information identifying you), and you have chosen to upload a photo or other personal data to your Hikinjo account, we may show those user(s) that personal dataLegal ground(s) for use: We display your photo to other users who have your userID only with your consent, which you supply by uploading your photo.The Services allow you to review your experience dealing with others on the Services, who may in turn leave reviews about you. We compile these reviews to provide an aggregate rating for each user, which will publicly appear along with your profile. Please be aware that other users may rely on this rating when deciding whether to engage with you.Profiling and data analyticsWe (or our service providers on our behalf) may collate information about you and your preferences, to identify market segments and use that information for data analytics and direct marketing.We (or our service providers on our behalf) may use your name, street address, email address, phone number, and data collected from cookies and similar technologies about how you use the Services (including tasks created and certain actions taken on the site) to conduct data analytics, including the creation of look-alike audiences. We use the results of data analytics for marketing, product and service development, and policy development.We do not use sensitive information for data analytics.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- If you change the settings on your internet browser to block or restrict cookies (including cookies associated with the Services), or to indicate when a cookie is being set by Hikinjo, the Services may not work as intended. You should remember that, while you may still be able to use the Services if your cookies are disabled, the Services may not function properly on your device and you may not be able to take advantage of certain Hikinjo features.
- Functionality Cookies
- Performance Analytics Cookies
- Advertising Cookies
- We may use first-party or third-party cookies and similar technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests. This includes using technologies to understand how useful the ads and content served to you, such as whether you clicked on an ad.
- Browser and System Controls
- You may set your browser or operating system to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but you may not be able to use certain features on the Services which require such cookies. Each browser and operating system is a little different, so please check your browser or operating system's settings or help section to learn more about how to delete or disable cookies and tracking.
- If you want to prevent the use of your data by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here and you can manage your Google account here.
4. How We Share Your Personal Data
Hikinjo may disclose the information it collects from you as follows:
- Service Providers. We share your personal data with third party service providers who provide us with business support, verification, expertise or technical functions that help us operate our business and Services or manage activities on our behalf.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytical data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, applications and online resources. You can learn more about Google's practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out by downloading the opt-out browser add-on.
- Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you advertisements that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive personalized advertisements, please visit their opt-out page to learn how you can opt out of receiving personalized web-based advertisement from Affiliates. You can access any of the settings provided by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the App Choices mobile app to learn more about how you can choose engage in personalized ads in mobile apps.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your personal data with other third parties involved in Hikinjo's marketing initiatives, with your permission or on an aggregate basis, and with consultants, advisors and analytics providers as necessary to measure and improve the Services we provide to you. We do not rent, sell or share information about you with unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
- Sharing Between Users. We may share information, such as ratings and reviews about you, with other users who are looking for providers on the Services.
- Legal Matters & Safety. We may share your personal data in response to a legal process or to provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities or during investigations of security-related matters. We may also share your personal data if we believe there has been a violation of these terms and conditions, our rights or the rights of a third party.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets. In the event that we, or any of our businesses, are sold or transferred, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of bankruptcy or insolvency, your personal data received may be one of the assets sold or consolidated as part of the transaction.
- With your permission, we may share your personal data with any other third party so as to provide the service you have requested.
Your account is password protected to ensure your privacy and security. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, but we cannot guarantee the absolute security of such information or the system. Our website will be completely free from being intercepted by third parties or unable to fight viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that any information you send to us from your computer over the Internet will be protected by any form of (encryption software). Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee the security or privacy of your personal data, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal data to us at your own risk. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and/or account information.
6. Third Parties
7. Copyright and Trade Marks
The entire contents and design of the www.hikinjo.com Web Site, including all trademarks, text, images and audio and video files, is proprietary to us or our content providers and is protected by copyright laws. You may not reproduce, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, communicate, display, publish or use any material contained in the hikinjo.com web site and/or our e-newsletters without our express prior written permission or the permission of the relevant copyright owner. You may not use any of the information or content on hikinjo.com Web Site for commercial purposes or to establish, operate or maintain your own product or service offering. You acknowledge that any breach by you of this paragraph may cause damage to us which cannot adequately be remedied by damages and that if you breach or act in a way which threatens to breach this paragraph, we may seek injunctive relief against you.
8. Your Rights and Choices
Rights in Certain Countries. In the European Economic Area and certain countries, users have the right to access, edit, update, restrict processing and/ or delete the personal data that we hold about you or to receive a copy of it in a portable format by contacting us here. Where we process your personal data with your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You also have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests. These rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if:
- We are legally permitted or required to deny you access to, and/ or to retain, the information because we are subject to a legal requirement or have a compelling legitimate interest; or
- You make a request that is unreasonably repetitive, require Hikinjo to make a disproportionate effort, risks the privacy of others, or there are other valid reasons why we cannot comply.
We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from the Services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.
If you have concerns about how we handle your personal data or require further information, please email Hikinjo using the contact form provided on the Services. Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.